Every teen wants to beat acne and have beautiful skin. This is usually achievable by establishing a good regular skincare routine. A great routine focuses on maintaining healthy and clear skin while establishing good habits for the future. Here is a simple and effective skincare routine for teens:
Morning and Evening Routine:
- Cleanse: Start your day off with a natural soap cleanser containing activated charcoal to remove any excess oil, sweat, or impurities that may have built up overnight.
- Tone: Spritz rose water on your skin to help with toning. This can help to tighten up your pores, soothe acne scars, and prevent future breakouts.
- Moisturize: Use a lightweight, plant-based moisturizer that will soak in quickly. It is important to moisturize after cleansing to maintain the balance that keeps your skin happy. One of our favorites is our Rosemary Lemon Lotion because of the essential oils added for their amazing benefits.
- Dab Zit Zapper on any breakouts.
- Exfoliate (1-2 times per week): Use a mild exfoliator to remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover.
- Mask treatment (once a week): Use a clay-based mask that can help with deep cleansing and removing toxins.
- Liver Cleanse: Consider taking steps to cleanse your liver, which is the internal filter for toxins. This can be as simple as drinking water with lemon and honey first thing in the morning before you eat anything else. Another great way to do this is to drink dandelion tea. By cleansing your liver, you are decreasing the impurities that can cause problems on your skin.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water each day to help your skin stay hydrated from the inside. Even the best skin care cannot keep water in your skin that isn’t there in the first place.
- Healthy Food: Eat a balanced diet rich in vegetables, fruits, whole grains and lean proteins to feed nutrients to your skin. Avoid sugary foods and dairy, which can sometimes worsen acne.
- Hands Off: Avoid touching your face with your hands to prevent transferring dirt and bacteria to it.
- Regular Exercise: Engage in regular physical activity to improve blood circulation and promote healthy skin.
- Adequate Sleep: Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep each night to allow your skin to repair and rejuvenate.
- Hygiene: Change your pillowcases regularly and keep your hair clean to prevent oil and dirt transfer to your face.
Remember that everyone’s skin is unique, so it may take some trial and error to find the products that work best for your skin type. Be patient and consistent with your routine for the best results.